Two weeks ago I got around to making a cake as a gift for a person. And she, for a change, was happy and grateful when she got the cake.
But in the recipe I discovered a neat trick that could act as a substitute for making eggless cakes.
So promptly I had to try it on in another recipe.
Here’s an eggless, whole wheat carrot cake (or muffin) recipe.
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup yoghurt (It would help if it was thicker curd as the water in curd affects the cake as it cools)
1 cup grated carrots (I even added some leftover pumpkin puree)
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
spice mix of nutmeg and cloves
1. Macerate the carrot with sugar.
2. After about10-12 minutes add the butter and mix.
3. Add the yoghurt and mix.
4. Add the soda and baking powder and wait till the mixture starts to bubbles.
5. Fold in the already- mixed flours and spice.
6. Bake in a preheated over till golden.